3 Super easy back-to-school hairstyle ideas July 27, 2021
Must haves for your vacation July 19, 2021
How apply glue on your lace (for beginners)?
For some, applying glue to their lace closure, frontal, or lace wig is easy, while for others it is anything but that. Gluing your lace piece on to your head will ensure that all your hair is completely concealed, and that you get the most natural look. Most importantly though, will be that you will be truly confident!
Before proceeding to gluing on your closure, frontal, or lace wig here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Get your hair as flat as possible. To ensure that your hair is as flat as it can be, begin to braid your hair into the desired cornrow pattern, whether going straight back (highly recommended) or in a circular motion.
- Ensure that your natural hair that will be concealed underneath is freshly washed and treated.
- Run a skin test before you proceed to use any form of adhesive. This will help to determine if you are allergic to any of the chemicals in the product you will be using.
- Clean your skin. In order for the glue to be applied effective, firstly you will have to prep your skin. To do this, gently wash away any impurities from your skin. Next use rubbing alcohol to remove any excess oil from the area where the lace will be glued on.
- Use gel or edge control to push back your edges/baby hairs. This will ensure that they will be protected from the glue during application.
- Next, line up the lace piece (closure, frontal, or lace wig) with your natural hairline, while simultaneously marking where you will be applying adhesive.
- Trim the lace, if you haven't already.
- Apply adhesive. Do this by applying a thin layer at a time. Also, depending on the type of adhesive used, wait until the glue becomes somewhat tacky before placing the wig on to your head.
- Next, begin to line the lace piece up onto your head, while ensuring that everything else in the back is secured unto your head whether with clips, combs, or an elastic band.
- Then, gently press the lace unto where you had applied the glue. Carefully work your way from the middle downwards, then work your way around the rest of the hairline.
- Wrap with a silk scarf for a few minutes. Remove, then style as desired.
Tips on how to remove hair adhesive / glue:
Not only is it important to know how to apply your lace piece, but also how to remove it. Here are a few tips on how to properly and carefully remove a closure, frontal, or wig that has been glued on:
- For a quick removal process, you can effectively use an adhesive remover; however, if you do not have any on hand, feel free to use any of the tips below.
- Apply alcohol. Using a cotton ball soaked in alcohol begin to dab at the hairline where the glue was previously applied. Be sure not to pull or tug, instead use the alcohol repeatedly until the lace begins to lift easily.
- You may also use Vaseline. You will have to keep this on for a few minutes, and repeat application if necessary.
- After the removal process, ensure to thoroughly wash the area of your skin where the glue was placed to prevent any form of irritation.